How does the car share work?
- Having a contract that outlines everything super clearly. There’s nothing wishy-washy about what we’re doing, everything’s written down which ensures we’re all on the same page.
- Establishing an online calendar so we can book the car in when we need it.
- We have a shared Google Docs form where we all enter how many kms we did, if you spent on money (fuel, repairs etc) and whether we did city or highway driving.
- We have insurance – this will cover any accidents (touch wood) and remove any big financial risk associated with them.
- Agree to meet every quarter to review the agreement and resolve any costs if needed.
- If we both need it at the same time, the household who needs it for the least amount of time will rent a car instead.