As so many of us are now spending a lot more time in our homes due to Covid-19, we’re offering online consultations to support folks to transform their homes into productive powerhouses. In times of crisis, using the land we have to produce the food we need is one of the most sensible things we can do. It will save you money, provide food for your household and give you and your loved ones the resilience you need right now. We’re here to help.
This is our way of providing you with meaningful hands on support while being hands off – together, yet apart.
What’s an online consultation?
They’re a one hour consultation online or on the phone (whatever works for you) where you have at least one of us to answer all your questions to get you producing. It also includes relevant resources (that we’ll email through to you) to support you on your mission/s.
Common topics we can consult on include the following…
- How to grow food – everything from tiny urban gardens to commercial market gardening
- Permaculture landscape design
- Keeping chickens
- Rainwater harvesting
- Greywater diversion
- Renewable energy (solar focused)
- Compost toilets – making your own
- Orchard establishment and maintenance.
- Fermenting vegetables
- Making cheese
- Goat keeping
- Foraging for food
- Look, I could keep going but I think you get the idea – we know lots of stuff and we can help you.
How much do they cost?
- Each one hour session (and follow up email with resources) costs $120 (GST inc).
- For design consultations it costs $200 (GST inc)
How can I book in?
We’re currently postponing this service as we’re simply too busy – sorry. Watch this space as one day we’ll offer it again.
Crisis Gardening: Free videos
We created 10 free practical videos on how to garden in these times of crisis (and beyond). You can see them all for free here.