Permaculture design that creates resilient and regenerative landscapes and lives.
Please note, we book out months in advance. To avoid disappointment, book now to secure your place.
Our design process
For every design we complete the following
- A detailed, coloured hand drawn design concept in “plan view”.
- An extensive design report including:
- A vision statement which encapsulates your dreams and aspirations for your property,
- A list of networks, organisations and relevant businesses to source information, skills and resources from,
- Site analysis details outlining slope, aspect, prevailing winds (and more),
- Plant lists and planting plan, and
- An overview of basic soil remediation approaches relevant to your landscape.
- Plus other information relevant to your property.
For an additional fee, we can offer the following services
- A detailed water and irrigation plan.
- Site survey (with a third party surveyor).
- Soil testing and analysis for both heavy metals and minerals.
- Upon request, we collaborate with architects at Designful to design both your house and landscape to create the ultimate, integrated home.
What’s the process?
- Residents complete a pre-visit questionnaire via email, this provides us with good insight into you, your lifestyle and home.
- We develop a scaled base map. Please note unless you have a professional survey this will be approximate only – but darn close. If you have existing property plans we can use these as part of this process. While onsite we will make needed measurements and adjustments as needed.
- A 2 – 4 hour site visit takes place which includes;
- Approximately 1 hour meeting with residents,
- 1 – 4 hour solo walk to conduct site assessment and analysis,
- 40mts – discuss concept ideas and possibilities and options and agree on the design direction.
- Offsite, we create one black and white draft concept sketch and provide this to the clients via email for feedback which informs the final design. Please note, this is restricted to only one design sketch.
- We have a second meeting (in person or online) to workshop the draft.
- We develop a final concept design and report, send it via email and talk you through as needed to ensure you understand everything. If we are in the same geographical region a site visit may be arranged for this final meeting.
- If appropriate and required, we organise follow up phone meetings to provide insight and clarification into the design. Please note, this is not an open ended offer, an agreed time frame (or amount of meetings) will be provided.
- We also post you a hardcopy of the design and report on completion of the job.
- If desired, we can organise some amazing, talented contractors to implement some or all or your design.
- We provide tailored quotes for each job which tend to vary from between $2,500 – $5,000. To organise a quote for your property contact us today. In this quote we’ll provide a clear break down for each stage and/or item of the design process.
- Travel free: $50 per hour to get to and from your site outside the Hobart municipality.
We work with a range of wonderfully skilled landscape contractors who can implement your garden for you. If interested, ask us for more information.
Don't just take our word for what we can do for you - check out our case studies of gardens, homes and community spaces that we've worked on.
Okines Community Garden
Passive water design for their existing community garden.
Bream Creek Community Market Garden
A productive and beautiful market garden powered by the community.
Grow Community Garden
A community garden initiated by Mission Australia and the Clarendon Vale community.
Good Life Permaculture’s Homestead
Our very own diverse, productive and gorgeous permaculture homestead.
An urban oasis, complete with a tiny house and productive garden.
Fat Pig Farm
A range of designs to support the ongoing development of their cranking market garden and whole farm.